Il y a un instant, entre la quinzième et la seizième gorgée de champagne, où tout homme est un aristocrate...

Wednesday 23 November 2011

À bientôt Paris!

I took an improptu visit to Paris last night, only deciding at 4pm that it was logistically possible for me to go and arrived at Le Patio restaurant for pre-première drinks by 8pm. I was kindly invited along to the premiere of the new Luc Besson movie The Lady and for afterparty drinks as well. It was one of the most bizarre yet enjoyable evenings I've ever had, meeting the loveliest people and having the opportunity to speak both French and English to truly inspiring people. I also managed to put faces to names of people who I've been emailing recently in an attempt to find a placement in the industry whilst in France. A thoroughly enjoyable evening and for that I thank my dear friend, Jon! Please go and see the film as it is absolutely beautiful and terrifically moving. Also please take a look at this: http://www.humanrightsactioncenter.org/dyr/about/

The evening took an even more bizarre turn as we were kindly given a loaf of bread by a local Parisien boulanger on our walk back to the hotel. Said loaf of bread however was devoured instantly after all I'd eaten all day was a bowl of Special K and an apple (it was all very impromptu as I said earlier). As you can see from the dreadful picture of me below (it was 3am) this loaf of bread was quite huge and posed as a very weird object to bring down to the Hotel Lobby this morning, suitcase in my right hand, bread in the left...

Rustic Clutch Bag, Gucci €900     

 The weirdness continued this morning in the taxi to the train station in Paris where I managed to land myself with world's number 1 comedian for a taxi driver. I know this is a bit keen but I just had to write out how the conversation went as it was just brilliant!

Mr. Taxi: Vous allez en Suisse?
                (You're going to Switzerland?)

Me: Non, je vais à Lyon.
       (No I'm going to Lyon.)

Mr. Taxi: Pourquoi vous allez à Lyon? Parce que vous êtes amoureuses?
                (Why are you going to Lyon? Because you're in love?)

Me: umm...non? Je viens d’Angleterre mais j'habite à Lyon maintenant. J'étudie là-bas. 
        (umm...no? (weird reason i thought?!) I live in Lyon. I'm studying there.

Mr. Taxi: Ahh, qu'est ce-que vous étudiez? 
                (Ahh, what do you study?)

Me: La Littérature Française  Moderne, Les Arts du Spectacle et la Russe.
        (French Lit, Theatre/Dance/Cinema/Russian.)

Mr. Taxi: La Russe? Pourquoi la Russe? Vous êtes espionne anglaise?...James Bond?!?!?
                (Russian? Why Russian? Are you an english spy? James Bond?)

Me: ....Non.

(a little while later, talking about how beautiful Paris is)
 
 Me:   Il y a une possibilité que je vais déménager à Paris en Fevrier.
         (There's a chance I might be moving to Paris in February)

Mr. Taxi: Ah, ça c'est fantastique! Vous devez m'appeller quand vous revenez à Paris si vous avez besoin d'un taxi!....Votre grande mère est Jane Birkin? Parce que vous lui ressemblez beaucoup!
                (Ah, that's fantastic! You must call me when you come back to Paris if you need a taxi!.....Is your grandma Jane Birkin? Because you look like her!)


Me: hahaa...non, désoléé. 
      


(Arrive at the train station)


Mr. Taxi: Merci Mademoiselle, et à bientôt à Paris!)



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Yes Mr. Taxi I hope I see you soon in Paris, well maybe not you but definitely Paris. 


So if you wondered who the real Sam was...I'm actually James Bond, I live in Switzerland and I'm related to Jane Birkin. 


??????







 

No comments:

Post a Comment